- ...still at school and figuring out how to fund further studies?
- ...currently studying and needing funds to further your studies?
- ...a young adult wanting to study but needing financial assistance?
- ...an employer looking for a way for employees' children to have brighter futures?
2014 NSFAS Application forms now available.
(See the right hand side menu on this page for the download link)
First years in 2014
Closing date: 31 October 2013 [Late Application: 13 January 2014]
Current senior/continuing students
Closing date: 30 August 2013
No late applications will be accepted.
Some facts about the NSFAS loan
- You need an APS/ matric score of at least 30 to qualify for the loan.
- NSFAS loans are for students who are financially needy.
- The size of the loan is determined by a means test as prescribed by NSFAS.
- There is currently no interest repayable on the loan.
- You will only repay the loan on completion of your diploma or degree.
- Up to 40% of the loan can be converted into a bursary, depending on year end examination results.
- You have to re-apply for the loan annually.
- Only students who are South African citizens and accepted by NMMU to do a first tertiary qualification (full-time), and students who are intending to register for specific post-graduate courses i.e. PGCE, B-tech
NOTE: The NSFAS Application above applies ONLY to prospective and current Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University (NMMU) students. Should you wish to apply for NSFAS in other Academic Institution, please contact the Financial Aid office of that University you are intending to study at.